Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
The goal of Collaborate is to provide unmatched peer‐to‐peer networking opportunities for American Alliance of Orthopaedic Executives subscribers. Postings should:
- Provide Content and resources for orthopaedic practice executives
- Incorporate Competence and reflect excellence and high standards for orthopaedic practice management
- Encourage Connections to and between members, non‐members, physicians and affiliated group
- Foster Credibility that is universally recognized
Collaborate Rules and Regulations
Collaborate users must:
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards while using the service (see AAOE Member Code of Ethics ).
- Reserve list discussions for topics that might include, but are not limited to, soliciting the advice of peers, learning from their experiences, and participating in the ongoing dialogue.
- Avoid “Me Too” emails.
- Make subject lines as concise and specific as possible.
- Always be thoughtful and respectful of fellow users.
- Refrain from posting any material that is unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, fraudulent, sexually explicit, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable or that which could be construed as bullying.
- Avoid posting information that involves a). the prices charged for healthcare services or third‐ party reimbursement paid or b). the salary, wage, and/or benefits information for healthcare personnel. Requests sent directly to the requestors email or offline does not circumvent this rule.
- Deidentify any protected health information that is shared.
Collaborate users may NOT:
- Harvest email addresses. The service’s success relies upon our ability to maintain the integrity of members’ inboxes.
- Post commercial messages, including solicitations for money, goods or services for charitable purposes or private gain.
- Submit postings relating to actual or potential anti‐competitive, collusive, or otherwise unlawful practices that may violate federal and state antitrust laws. Messages may not encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement on the following subjects: prices, discounts, terms, and/or conditions of sale; salaries; commissions; profits, profit margins, and/or cost data; selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Submit any postings that violate or infringe upon the rights of others or that user does not have the right to make available. This includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or infringement of publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works thereof, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right‐ holder.
- Submit any false, misleading or fraudulent postings.
- Use Collaborate to promote advocacy efforts that are not sanctioned by AAOE or to gather information or data to support unsanctioned advocacy efforts.
- Submit any postings to communicate with potential subscribers in formal research of any kind, or to conduct market research, surveys, or academic studies. Subscribers may utilize the platform to conduct informal surveys that will benefit all AAOE members.
- Forward any postings to any third parties who are not subscribers to Collaborate or members of AAOE, without the prior written permission of the individual who posted the posting.
For More Information: